Saturday, January 5, 2008

What moves me......

Initially my first post of the New Year was going the way of good ole resolutions, like everyone else......things that I wanted to change about myself. That was daunting and to be honest, kind of depressing.....lol.
After some thought and soul searching I decided to push myself in a different direction and document some of the things that I love about my life.
So for the next 7 days, I vow to post no less than 3 photos per day of things that I hold dear and close to my heart......things that make my glass half-full to sometimes overflowing. Here we go!

My sockmonkey family.
I do not know what it is about these stuffed little characters that makes me love them so much, possibly the same thing that creeps my husband out so badly, that he won't touch them long enough to remove them from the bed....hee.
Ruby (the momma sockmonkey) is very old. My mom bought her for me on a trip to SF at a flea market. Oh, how I wish she could talk, I bet she has some stories to share.
Maggie (baby) is actually my daughter H's, given to her by my mom also.....H loves sockmonkeys too, so there.
Max (daddy), the newest member of the Monkey fam, was my Christmas gift from a friend and although he is much, much younger and in way better shape than Ruby (he's a hardbody), we still love him because it is 2008, after all, and if Ruby wants to rob the cradle..........good on her.


Perfect snow for perfect snow people.
H and I went out and built these little guys this week and had so much fun doing it.
When they were completed, she stepped back and said, "Those are just adorable, Momma!!"
I must agree.



We used my son's old binkie, his first binkie....sigh. It's 9 years old.




And Kramer........my handsome dog friend/fur baby.
Can you tell that he loves me?
THE best dog in the whole world.
Swoon.


Thanks for peeking in.
I hope you come back tomorrow!
J.

2 comments:

Kim said...

what a fabulous idea my friend! you're amazing and inspiring!

lorri said...

awesome resolution. making mental note, now, to do the same. Great pictures. love, love, love the sockmonkey story!